Nick n Ants Holiday Diaries

Saturday, October 31, 2009




US / Canada (Fake States) / French Canada (Fake France) Tour 09


After our really big phos, we headed in the general direction of downtown Boston. The shopping strip felt a bit underwhelming (after being completely spoilt in NY) and a whole lot more quieter than NY too (we were spoilt for people watching choice in NY)..

I had been to Boston ages ago with my parents - and I didn't really remember much except that everything was cold, icy and I was sick. I remember seeing the "Cheers" bar (excitement she wrote), doing bits of the "Freedom Trail", and having a really subdued NYE (hey - I seem to remember that my best NYs as a child was being stuck on a houseboat in Northern NSW with no TV or radio reception and falling asleep by 9pm - yay).

Anyhows - when we walked past Boston Common (the big park in downtown Boston) - I started to remember a bit more of Boston.

We check out a nearby AMC (US version of Hoyts - or is that Greater Union...?) to have a looksee on what is on. We didn't really know what half the films were because there were no posters or synopsises anywhere. Ant choose "Astro Boy" - one of those CGI animated films. It wasn't that bad - but I admit I prefer the 80s cartoon.

After the movie we chilled out at the hotel and caught up with some crappy American TV. Amercian TV has a lot of channels to fill with content - so you get a whole lot of rehashed news stories (like the Bubble Boy) over and over again. Admittedly - I was getting addicted to all of those shock jock right wing news stations (a la Fox) - this is more out of a morbid curiosity than me believing in anything they say. Tis funny at the moment - Obama is steadfast reviewing to be interviewed by Fox News - nor is he inviting them to press galleries. This is sort of big news - and it has the Fox News of the world up in arms. I would have thought they would have toned down their retoric since Obama got in but apparently not. They even had 2 one hour specials "RX Nightmares" - a "fair and balanced" report on the Obamacare legislation.... And I found out the other day that that Gretta woman is member of the church of scientology - woop woop. I was also getting addicted to some other weird channel "HLN" - Ant called it "Home Land News"... LOL... Until next time xo xo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home