Nick n Ants Holiday Diaries

Wednesday, December 13, 2006


People's Democratic Republic of China Part 1 - 'Snakes on a Plane' on a Mother Fu###ing Plane

Another six months - another 3 and a half week overseas holiday.... That's life being a partner to a frequent flyer travel nutter...cough

Anyway - I'm not complaining.... I'm not! I'm really excited...

Ant and I are off to China (also known as the People's Democratic Republic of China) for a bit over three weeks... Unlike us - we are flying directly to China and back (no round the world bizo- let's come home from South America via Spain/UK thing happening)... Just straight from Canberra to Sydney, then to Shanghai and some China bits in-between then back to Australia via Beijing...

Another thing unusual about this trip is that our itinerary is still a work in progress... Aeeeiiii! I had promised to send out the itinerary to my mum but haven't yet - so she will probably be contacting the Department of Foreign Affairs to try and track me down as we speak... (But I will - I promise!)... We are still nutting down some of the detail in terms of accommodation but the chinese internet is sort of dodgy...!

Looking forward to our flight from Sydney to Shanghai - we get video on demand (ie: you don't have to wait every 3 hours for a movie)... And the selection of movies is excellent if somewhat strange. I can watch "Snakes on a Plane" (on a plane), or the World Trade Centre (complete with crash scenes)... or subtlety - An Inconvinvent Truth (whilst emitting heaps of fossil fuels whilst on a plane)... Thanks Qantas - there must be some sort of subversive mastermind in control of the movies or something...

Our flight to Sydney from Canberra was smooth and no probs... Even the "Computer says No" staff at Qantas Canberra scored us some exit rows to Shanghai... Sweet...

Anyhow - it is bye for now from the Qantas Club at Sydney... (I need to check if I have any new myspace friends - I heart myspace - Blogger.com is so last year)...

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger NicknAnt said...

Jesus left me a comment in myspace...yeah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home