Nick n Ants Holiday Diaries

Wednesday, January 16, 2008


Nick less Ant's Holiday Diaries - Jan 08

Hello bitches...

It's only me this time - less Ant (who isn't such an avid snowboarder) - going to Italy to ski like a rich bitch at the Dollamites (not affilated with the Commonwealth Bank Dollarmite Accounts) then on to Venice for 5 days then onto Hongkers for 4 days or so or something...

To cut a long story short - I had originally booked a flight to Venice (via Hong Kong and London) which would have arrived at Venice at 2pm in the afternoon... When I did a bit of investigating on how I was to get to Selva - I realised that I would have missed the last bus from Bolzaro (some connecting town) and so a week ago - I gave the Qantas Frequent Flyer hotline a call and managed to change my flights to a day earlier (so I would spend the night in Venice before going to Selva)... But the only way they could re-do the flights was to fly me to Johannesburg - then London.

Ok - before you bitch at me about all the carbon emissions this holiday is costing - I've paid some money to offset the carbons of these ridiculous connections - so I'm planting some trees somewhere (which will probably die anyway due to global warming)...

Yeah.

Anyhows - both myself and Ant woke up at the crack of dawn today and he was so kind of him to drop me off at the airport. We both had some breakie at the Qantas Club (I've paid $500+ to join so don't call me a tight wad) and said goodbye to each other at the gate which was a bit sad...

The flight to Sydney was a bit funny - there were a couple of celebrities including the CEO of the DMO... Gumley - sexay... There was this cold arse woman sitting next to me who seem to have a case of permanent PMT. Anyways - I saw an email which was sitting on her lap - and she works at the Workplace Authority - so the whole cold hearted thing figures...!

Anyways - I'm here at the Qantas Club at Sydney typing this sh## before my flight boards. I'm trying to request an exit row but I'm not holding out too much for it. They are refurbishing the lounge here - and there are these new loungey seats with foot rests - I was hogging two of them. I think they are pretty new because the staff here seem to keep tyring them out.

I had better board my flight now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home