Nick n Ants Holiday Diaries

Friday, February 01, 2008


1st Day at Selva Continued

So we went on a dodgy black, hard packed run for a first run of the holiday - and Sacha isn't a particuarly advanced snowboard rider (only having a handful of days of experience). Both Taeko and Sacha slid on their arses all of the way down the mountain (in funniest home videoes style no less) and I managed to get my way slowly down the mountain. I had some of those new fangled carvey skis and I wasn't in the slightest bit used to them at that stage.

Anyhows - I soon got fairly used to the skis (they are really easy to turn) and discovered that all of the slopes here at Selva were all groomed to the nines. We hung around a couple of quads and sixes (six person chairlifts are fairly common here) before heading back to the gondola station for lunch. Lunch, like the black run, was a bit steep - 10 Euro for a somewhat fatty plate of pasta and a can of coke - but I guess these are skiing Europe prices.

We let Sacha and Taeko do their own thing in the afternoon whilst all of the skiers checked out a couple of runs at the nearby St Christina Gondola. Basically - our ski pass lets us ski on about 12 different resorts - which are mostly all linked by trails or buses. The snow was reasonable (I don't think it was exceptional - but it was way better than Australia) - it was still early season and I think a lot of the runs were helped by the fact that they do snowmaking everywhere.

We all decided to quit about 3ish and I headed back to the hotel for a shower and some sleep (still suffering from Jet lag).

After waking up at around 7ish - I headed over to my parents for some pre-dinner drinks before heading down to the restaurant for our "pre-ordered" meals. We had to choose at breakfast time. I think I had a spaghetti for entre, some port for dinner (Ant's mum would be proud) and some portfitrole thing for dessert. Biggest loser eat your heart out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home